Saturday, November 26, 2011

San Diego Zoo


As I took a stroll down memory lane in Southern California, I decided to revisit the San Diego Zoo in Balboa Park.  I had been to the San Diego Zoo as a child, but I was too young to remember.




Just after the entrance, I decided to start off on the left by the Skyfari East lift.  I have to admit, the Meerkats sure are a cute animal.  I remember a show on the Discovery Channel a while back, showing Meerkats and I think it was quite popular.







Just around from the Meercats were the Macaws, very colorful birds:





Just beside the Macaws was a medium sized pond with Spot-necked Otters.  I tried to get a photo, but the Otters were quite playful this day.  Also, this day the Zoo was very busy.





After watching the Otters, I walked over to the Fossa.  I thought back for a minute.  Most of these animals I had never heard of in my life.  Some of them had interesting names, some looked a little funny, but sure enjoyed viewing them in their natural habitat.




After looking at the animals around the entrance, I decided to take a rest and take the Skyfari Lift to the back of the park.  I knew that Balboa Park was a gem in downtown.  I never knew that there was such a great view from the Skyfari Lift.





 

All through out the Zoo (except for the Polar areas) there were nice waterfall's or small island displays.  Honestly, I wish I had something this nice in my yard.





I noticed a good size group of people around the Koala (which are not bears, they are marsupials.)  These Koala's have a great idea, sleeping!  I know they are nocturnal marsupials.



Giraffes have been a second favorite animal.  I like the color patterns on their skin.  This giraffe was a young one, but still tall enough.  If I could have some as pets, that would be great.




When ever I see a camel, I always think of my friends in Israel.  This camel, bless him, was going through a shedding phase.


The last area to visit was the Elephant Odyssey.  I watched the elephant's walk around the area.  I am amazed a how a huge animal could walk around so gracefuly.









No comments:

Post a Comment