Saturday, November 5, 2011

A small look at home.

As I looked through my photo albums, I debated as to my next blog post topic.  I realized that I travel more often than I thought I had.  I finally found one album to focus on.  I took this trip in May 2010.  I had decided to go back and see home again.  I have been back home to Southern California 3 times since my family moved away in the early 1980's.

I had left the hotel in La Mesa, Ca and drove up I-15 to Escondido.



As I drove northward, I enjoyed my view.  Since this trip was my first alone, I made sure I knew where I was going.  I wanted to stay north of the border at all costs.  As I drove eastward on CA-78, I knew that I was close to the Wild Animal Park.  I was delighted to see this wonderful sign:



Just after the entrance, you are in front of the Aviary:




As I walked onward, I came to some wonderful ponds with some magnificent animals.  If I am not mistaken, this is the Chilean Flamingo Lagoon and African Marsh:




Just over from the African Marsh are the Meerkat.  Such fascinating animals:




After I watched the Meerkat play for a while, I turned to the Southern Pudu.  I have to admit I had never hear of the Pudu before hand, and thought it was a strange name.  But I also admit the Pudu is a nice looking animal almost like a short deer:




Just south of the Pudu, there was a nice Lagoon.  There were all types of birds and fish to look at.  Here is the view of the Lagoon:






After walking through the section with all types of birds, I noticed a huge balloon in the distance.  I was curious as to what it was.  I made my way down to the  Balloon Safari (a new part since I last visited.) 






After exiting the Balloon Safari, I moved onto the Heart of Africa.  This is a new expansion since I last visited in 1981.  Thankfully there was a tram ride, which made the viewing easier.

















No comments:

Post a Comment