Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Israel, around Tel Aviv.


I recently traveled to Israel. A trip of a lifetime to say the least. I had planed this trip for a while. I wish I had studied Hebrew a little better than I did.

Above is the arrival hall in Ben Gurion International (actually in the city of Lod).  I like the open layout, easy to navigate through.

My friend Uri took me on a short tour of Tel Aviv and Old Jafa.  Here is the Old Jafa area showing Tel Aviv in the distance:


The Mediterainian Sea was the clearest blue that I have seen.  I did not swim this time, but I always have next time.

Uri droped me off at the apartment rental, which was great.  My sence of direction is scary bad!  I waited in the apartment, actually took a nap.  I took the train to Ben Gurion to pick up my friend Martin.  This was his first time in Israel, and the first in his family to see "home."  Martin and I went out to dinner on the beach.  Watching the sea while eating is priceless.  After dinner (about 1 am) we crashed at the apartment.  We finally woke up (no idea what time), we took a stroll along the Pramenade.  The beach was amazing.  Here are Martin and I at the beach:


Later that night Martin and I took a stroll around the apartment.  I tell you, I travel around the world and look at what I find:


Uri and his friend Tali joined us for dinner this night, but not at Pizza Hut.  All 4 of us had a great dinner and took the time to know more about each other.

This was about all of Tel Aviv that Martin and I saw.

Next blog entry, the arrival of Jerusalem.


No comments:

Post a Comment